The Village Planters
Newborough Parish Council have refreshed the planters in the village
Here to Help Campaign
About the Here to Help campaign
Staffordshire County Council has launched a communications campaign to help Staffordshire residents find advice and support to manage cost of living rises.
Campaign aim: The aim of the campaign is to signpost people to existing national and local advice and support and encourage them to get support earlier rather than later.
What we’re doing:
- A new area on our web pages has been created, with sections on money and debt, energy bills, food and essentials, support in communities, staying warm and staying well.
- Social posts, messages to partners and stories shared through local media will highlight the range of advice and support that’s available to help people – signposting people to local community based support wherever possible.
Timescale: The campaign will run initially from 1 October until the end of March.
Web address: www.staffordshire.gov.uk/heretohelp
A Remembrance Service
A job advert for the Needwood C of E Primary School
Keyholder – Level 1
Grade 1: SCP £18,333 per annum pro rata
(Subject to implementation of the national pay spine*)
*New employees from April 2019 will be appointed to the applicable nationally agreed NJC Green Book spinal column point. The grading structure (spinal column points within the grade) is subject to determination and will be confirmed as soon as agreed.
Statement of Purpose
To work under the direction and instruction of senior staff to provide a secure and reliable keyholder service during and out of school hours, including some evenings and weekends as required. To support the effective running of the school.
- To regularly open the school building and check the premises and grounds before school starts.
- To ensure that the school is left secure when leaving in the evenings, ensuring that all staff and children have left the premises.
- To be responsible for non-routine (emergencies) opening and closing of the premises.
- To be responsible for and maintain the security of the school premises including securing entrances/exits as appropriate, checking and securing windows and internal doors, activation and deactivation of relevant alarm systems and reporting potential security breaches including trespass, theft, or unauthorised parking of vehicles to the appropriate person.
- To take responsibility for the duties associated with any potential evening and weekend lettings including setting up and clearing away furniture and all associated site security as set out above.
- To undertake porterage tasks as required, including setting up and clearing away furniture.
- To ensure that the boilers are working on arrival each day.
- To ensure bins are emptied as required.
- To be a named keyholder on contact information and, if necessary, attend alarm calls if no one else is available or respond to emergencies.
Support to School (this list is not exhaustive and should reflect the ethos of the school)
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Comply and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
The content of this job description will be reviewed with the post holder on an annual basis in line with the school’s performance and development review policy. Any significant change in level of accountability that could result in a change to the grade must be discussed with the post holder and the relevant trade union before submitting for re-evaluation
Christmas Lights Switch on 2022