There’s no such thing as the dog poo fairy

There was a rather unpleasant occurrence of dog fouling not far from the village centre, quite close to the school yesterday. It is a shame that we have a regular recurrence of people leaving dog faeces on public footpaths where, especially, children and people with prams are walking. There is a definite health risk from dog faeces including toxocariasis:

Toxocariasis is a rare infection caused by roundworm parasites. Humans can catch it from handling soil or sand contaminated with infected animal faeces.

Roundworm parasites are most commonly found in cats, dogs and foxes, and usually affect young children.

This is because children are more likely to come into contact with contaminated soil when they play and put their hands in their mouths.

However, cases have been reported in people of all ages.

Source NHS website

If anyone saw an unattended dog shortly after the rain stopped yesterday afternoon, please notify the Parish Clerk.